Dear Burton Valley Families,
I’m truly honored to be a part of this year’s PTA leadership team and can’t wait to build on the incredible community building activities pioneered by Lauren Ashley last year. All are welcomed with open arms at Burton Valley, and our amazing Board has put together a calendar filled with diverse events and meaningful activities that we hope you’ll love. With your help, we will successfully amplify the efforts of our incredible teachers and staff, to benefit all Burton Valley Bobcats.
Here’s a small sample of what we have in the works:
• Community building events on campus throughout the year, like Bobcat Day, Fall Family Movie Night, DEIB Cultural Night and many more!
• Enrichment programs such as Reflections Art, Odyssey of the Mind, and Town Hall Theater
• Kindness activities and community service opportunities at school and across the East Bay, for parents and students to participate in together
• Campus enhancements such as beautifying the Zen Den, filling the Sparkbrary with books, and augmenting teaching tools
• Teacher appreciation efforts to celebrate and recognize their incredible efforts
• LPIE-supported Science and Art Fairs to encourage our Bobcats to stay curious and express themselves
And so much more!
When I first witnessed the magic of Burton Valley Elementary 5 years ago (when my eldest was in Kinder), I marveled at how warm, kind, and familial the atmosphere felt, and how seamlessly everything seemed to operate. I quickly learned that our school would not be what it is without the daily help and support of several volunteers both in and out of the classroom.
I continue to be inspired by how generous and giving our community is in every way. Our PTA activities are made possible from your membership dues and support at our fundraisers. If you haven’t yet, we invite you to explore our website and join today. Thanks in advance for your support!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions at any time. I look forward to seeing you on Thursday, August 24th at 7pm for our first PTA meeting!
BVE PTA President