If you wish to volunteer in your child's class, you've found the right place. Please select the grade level below and then scroll to find your teacher (alphabetical order). After you select your classroom volunteer spot, be sure to click the save button at the bottom of the sign-up page.
CLICK ON YOUR GRADE LEVEL TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Thank you for volunteering and making a difference for our school, our teachers and our children.
Classroom Volunteers - Description of Roles
Classroom Volunteer roles are held for the duration of the school year
CLASS COORDINATOR (1 per classroom)
The Class Coordinator organizes the classroom volunteers, and acts as a liaison between the PTA, teacher and parents.
- Introduce yourself to the Teacher and Parents for your class at Back To School Night
- If necessary, help find volunteers for any vacant classroom volunteer roles..
- Act as liaison between teacher, classroom parents, classroom representatives and PTA throughout the year
- Distribute classroom and PTA information to the families via email
- Solicit and collect volunteer hours for the classroom to send to the VP Volunteers/Historian as requested
- Attend monthly PTA meetings to represent the interests of your grade and class
- Report PTA news and updates to the classroom teacher to ensure that the teacher is informed of all PTA news/information
SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATORS (2 per classroom)
The Special Events Coordinator helps to coordinate parent volunteers and supplies needed for class parties with the assistance of the Class Coordinator and as directed by the teacher.
- Coordinate with the teacher any special events during the school year
- Plan and organize any special events, as requested
- Solicit help from other classroom parents
TEACHER APPRECIATION COORDINATORS (2 per classroom)·
- Act as classroom representative for Teacher Appreciation week Chairs
- Coordinate classroom activities for Teacher Appreciation week in May, as directed
- Coordinate Holiday and End of the Year gifts for teachers/aide
- Collect, manage and distribute class funds for teacher and aide gifts
WALK-A-THON REPRESENTATIVES (2 per classroom)
- Act as classroom representative for Walkathon Chairs
- Coordinate classroom activities for the Walk-A-Thon, as directed
- Assist in soliciting parents to help on the field during classroom’s designated time of walking during the Walkathon, to be held in April during school hours
- Remind parents of the date and time the class is walking – and ensure they send their student with sunscreen and water!
LPIE REPRESENTATIVE/LIAISON (1 per classroom)
- This is NOT a fundraising position
- Make LPIE Art Folders for your class at BVE (September)
- Hang your classroom's LPIE art in BVE Art Display Case once during the year (a schedule and directions will be provided)
- Volunteer for one shift for LPIE Science Fair on 3/25 - set up, clean up, guest scientist, etc. (or recruit another parent to assist)
- Prepare, hang, and take down your classroom's LPIE Art for LPIE Art Fair on 5/14 (or recruit another parent to assist)
- Occasionally send LPIE communication to your class (which will be provided by your BVE LPIE Co-Chairs: Ali Krick and Erica Mason
- Serve as point of contact with your classroom teacher and LPIE, if needed
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I want to volunteer, but I can’t commit to an ongoing commitment. I don’t have the time.