Get Involved with Burton Valley
What makes our Bobcats so successful? Students, staff and many, many volunteers working together as a team. We invite you to join our community of volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to get to know your community. Connect with your child, their friends, teachers, staff and fellow parents!
Click on the button to see open volunteer opportunities
(must be logged in)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Classroom Volunteer
- Library Volunteer
- Hot Lunch Volunteer
- Committees Chairs and annual events
- Volunteer at large and upcoming volunteer opportunities
If I fill out the Volunteer Interest Form, does that mean I'm scheduled for that event?
What types of volunteer opportunities are there?
- PTA Board Leadership. This is an incredible opportunity to make a difference in your child’s school. If you are interested in creating a great rapport with some like-minded friends, having an active and solid say in your child's elementary school experience, and enriching the lives of our students, consider joining the PTA Board. Whether you have a Kindergartner or 5th Grader, we'd love for you to consider a position! Please feel free to talk to any current board member about their experience and role. But if your interest is peaked and would like to learn more, contact our Board President.
- Committee Chairs. Our Committee Chairs take on an activity and run with it. But don't worry, there's plenty of help along the way. from those that have been through the horse and pony show at least once to the awesome parents signing up their interest to volunteer right now. Curiosity peaked? Check out our committee chair link.
- Annual Events. Ever wonder how those fun annual school events seem to just happen? Usually it's because of people like you. The better we staff our yearly events with great people, the better our events. Standing alongside every Committee Chair is a great team of volunteers.
- Classroom, Around School and At-Home Help. Our teachers and staff are amazing but there's only so much they can do on their own. From assisting with science and computer labs, stuffing papers for Friday Folders or driving to field trips, there are plenty of needs. Helping out at school doesn't just means classrooms either. We need help with providing lunch to kids, working in our garden, sorting our books in the library and lending a hand wherever one is needed.
- Volunteers at Large. From time to time, volunteer opportunities just come up. Fill out a Volunteer Interest Form to find out more about these opportunities, or continue to check back on our PTA Volunteer page.
I want to volunteer! What do I need to do?
- Sign up for a volunteer opportunity or submit an Interest Form to find one.
- Submit a current TB test record to Marsha Dahl in the school office.
- If volunteering on campus while school is in session, stop by the office to check in and obtain a visitor badge.
After you volunteer, be sure to submit your volunteer hours.
Do I need to get a visitor badge if I volunteer at the school?
I want to volunteer, but all the classroom opportunities have been taken!
I want to volunteer, but I can’t commit to an ongoing commitment. I don’t have the time.
Last update: 8/20/18
Emily Press Labels
or enter our school's name in the fundraiser box at check out, and 20% of proceeds will go back to BVE PTA.